DISCOVER MEKONG DELTA
( 4 hours )
- Bao Duyen tour guide will meet you at a location. From there, you travel to TAN THACH pier where a motor boat to take you on to the TIEN RIVER tour. The MEKONG DELTA boasts one of the most impressive and complex river networks in the world. River Channels and canals cross the entire Delta region. The plentiful rain and fresh water make the Delta an extremely important agricultural center for Vietnam and the world. The wetland of the Delta are suitable for not only growing rice and many other types of exotic fruits but also supporting fish farms growing species such as the BASA FISH exported around the world. On your tour you will visit the area of 4 ISLANDS in the heart of the Delta: DRAGON,UNICORN, PHOENIX, and TURTLE. You can learn and understand more of the fascinating culture and peaceful lifestyle of the friendly people by the Mekong River.
First stop, you visit a bee farm in DRAGON ISLAND . You will learn many things about bee, sample tea & honey at the beehive. Villager will teach you what the worker bee and queen bee do, also and you will learn about royal jelly reproductive process, storage honey, construction of it colony from bee wax forming honeycomb. At the same place, you will enjoy beautiful orchid garden, the heaven for photographer who love colorful flower.
- Continue tour, the boat will bring you to QUE DUA coconut candy factory where you will see how the candy is being made, have a chance to taste it hot right out of the oven.
You can get many gifts and souvenirs handicraft products made from coconut tree to take home for friend and family.
- Next, you will board horse wagon riding along the country roads through the village. You can experience the villager’s daily lives and stop at a location to sample seasonal fruits and listen to traditional southern country music.
- After a short rest and visit, you will board a small paddle boat for 15 minute floating down the river which returns you to the motor boat via a signature small Mekong canal covered by water coconut palm. After finishing the rowing boat, you will take a short motor boat ride to TURTLE ISLAND for enjoying fresh southern Mekong delta home cooking lunch meal.
- From there, a 10 minute boat ride brings you to PHOENIX ISLAND where you can visit the coconut Monk Temple, try to walking on the monkey bridge, fishing, go biking in the village, observing many alligators in the pond or just relaxing on hammock under mango shade in the park.
- After rest and visit, you will board the motorboat cruising back to Mekong pier end tour.
TOUR PRICE: $65 for 2/ $15 per additional person.
INCLUDES: motorboat, horse-carts, seasonal tropical fruits, tea & honey, traditional music, rowing boat, lunch, English speaking tour guide.